paperanchours

walk the beat

all I need in this life of sin are caffeine & my book boyfriends

Not That Kind of Girl: A young woman tells you what she's "learned"
Lena Dunham
Progress: 75 %
Isla and the Happily Ever After
Stephanie Perkins
Progress: 44 %

Willing Captive

Willing Captive - Belle Aurora

GOODREADS SYNOPSIS

(Author note: This is NOT a dark romance.)

Delilah “Lily” Flynn is used to her drab existence. Lily’s been living it for twenty two years.
Her boring life is suddenly turned on its head when she’s rudely kidnapped from her bedroom.
Or so she thinks.

Nox Taylor is far too high up in his field to be assigned a babysitting job.
There’s nothing more he wants than to complete his mission so he can be rid of the smartass tomboy, Lily.

Day after day, Nox watches Lily and her strange ways. She’s unlike any woman he’s ever met.
Getting close to the girl is purely for her own protection…right?

Lily never imagined she’d make her first real friends in captivity.
What lengths would she go through to keep them?

MY REACTION

This book pretty much had me at hello!  I appreciated Lily's realness so much! As my friend Gertrude would say, "She reeeeal coooool." Belle Aurora knows how to write a likable and relatable female character. I have to be honest, the title had me thinking this was some "dark duet" type stuff. Frankly, that sh*t scares me. Luckily there's a disclaimer in the synopsis. Dark, this is not. Entertaining? Hell yeah! This was sweet, sexy, and funny as hell! There were moments of happiness and tears and uncertainty that had me freaking the freak out! Nox is my hero and I love him! A well deserved 5 stars for this one!